Peer-to-peer fundraising is all about individuals, like you, leveraging their passion and networks for a cause they believe in. This December, we invite you to be a part of something special. The Xerces Society is excited to launch an online fundraising challenge, and we need your support. Together, we can make a real impact on invertebrate conservation. Join us in this cause, and while you stand up for these indispensable species, we’ve set up some great thank you gifts for you to receive along the way.
Fundraising for invertebrates — five ideas for impact
Check out these five fundraising ideas to inspire you:
- Classroom contest: Spark a friendly rivalry for invertebrates. Transform your learning environment into a hub of positive action. Dive into the world of bees, butterflies, fireflies, and more, as your school community unites to make a difference.
- Sing like cicadas: Unleash your inner rockstar for a cause that truly matters. Host a karaoke event and turn applause into donations. Donations can be pledged for songs. As you sing, you can create a chorus of support for invertebrate conservation.
- Music for mollusks: Mussels are invertebrates too! Set up an open mic for mussels and let your talent be the key to preserving vital invertebrate habitats.
- Butterfly bake sale: Organize a bake sale where pollinators helped make at least one identified ingredient in each cookie, cake, or pie. Inspire folks to give back to the bugs with proceeds going to your fundraiser.
- Party for pollinators: Sometimes all people need to inspire them is a good old-fashioned party! Host a party for pollinators with multiple opportunities for guests to donate.
These creative ideas not only offer a chance for fun and engagement but also provide an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the preservation of these essential invertebrate species. While these ideas are extra creative, it’s also possible to keep your fundraiser super easy and lowkey. Simply creating your online fundraiser and sharing it with friends and family is so helpful to raising awareness and support for invertebrates.
Three steps to set up your fundraiser for the December challenge
- Register your fundraiser: Start by registering your fundraiser. It only takes a few minutes to set up. We encourage you to customize your fundraising page to make it uniquely yours.
- Share your fundraiser: Spread the word and rally support for your cause. Utilize our email and social media templates to quickly and effectively raise awareness. Your personal fundraising dashboard provides a seamless way to promote your campaign online with social sharing templates.
- Celebrate your impact and collect your prizes: You are the hero in the story of invertebrate conservation. The funds you raise are essential in preserving these vital species. Check out the following gifts available to you as a thank you for the support you raise.
Prizes to show our gratitude
Fundraisers that achieve these dollar amount goals will receive the following Xerces goodies as prizes:
- Raise $100 to receive one prize from available options.
- Raise $200 to receive two prizes from available options.
- The very top fundraiser during the challenge will receive a special shout-out on our social media platforms to say thank you.
Options for prizes include Xerces Society books, hats, and tote bags. Available book titles include 100 Plants to Feed the Monarch, 100 Plants to Feed the Bees, Attracting Native Pollinators, and Farming with Native Beneficial Insects. Xerces baseball style hats will feature the official Xerces Society logo. Cotton tote bags will feature art from Pine Bones based on the Xerces logo, depicting a bee, butterfly, dragonfly, and firefly in a whimsical style.
Start your fundraiser today
The fundraising challenge period lasts from December 1 - December 31, 2023. All funds raised must be collected online before the end of the fundraising period.
Please reach out if you have any questions about your fundraiser. We're here to guide and support you every step of the way. Call 855-232-6639 x 2 or email us at [email protected]. Thank you for being a part of the Xerces community!