Revised: March 24, 2022
We retain the right to modify this policy at any time and to announce the modification with a modification date on this policy webpage. We will not change the purpose of this policy which is to protect your privacy while pursuing our mission of protecting invertebrates and their habitats. Your use of the website after modification to the terms of this policy means you have accepted the changes.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
- We do not collect information from visitors of our site.
When do we collect information?
- We collect information from you when you enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
- We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter, or respond to a survey or membership communication for the purposes specified on the information form you completed. We have additional terms for membership and donation transactions which can be found here.
How do we protect your information?
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all information is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
- Except as noted in this section, we do not sell your Personally Identifiable Information without providing you advance notice or transfer it to outside parties. The term “outside parties” does not include our website hosting partners and any other parties who assist us in conducting our business or serving our members so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
- However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Opting out of Google Advertising or Analytics:
- Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Other than Xerces XKids program, we do not: (a) specifically market to persons under the age of 13; and/or (b) knowingly collect, either online or offline, Personally Identifiable Information from children. Personally Identifiable Information collected from children as part of the XKids program is collected only with prior consent from a parent or guardian, is not made public, is used solely by us to administer the program, and will not be sold or transferred to outside parties.